By Admin:
Nigerian influencer and entrepreneur Waris Olayinka Akinwande, popularly known as Ola of Lagos, has explained why he continues to live in rented apartments despite owning multiple houses.
Speaking on a recent episode of the KK Show, the luxury influencer said he has never slept in any house he purchased with his own money because he believes owning a home could make him too comfortable.
Ola said remaining in a rented apartment serves as a source of motivation, as the financial responsibility of paying rent pushes him to work harder.
“I have never slept in any house I bought with my own money. If you do, you will become too relaxed,” he said.
The influencer disclosed that he currently pays N50 million annually in rent, describing the expense as a form of motivation to keep pursuing his goals.
“Despite being in a beautiful estate, I still live in rented apartments and pay rent. When I pay N50 million a year, I use that pain to keep grinding harder,” he added.
Ola of Lagos has built a public profile around luxury cars, houses and high-end lifestyles, while also expanding his activities into entrepreneurship and social media content creation.